Which makes compressor you have in your engineering plant? Do you want to commission compressor at your own? What happens if you have no education of commissioning? Sometimes you required to start new compressor without the presence of manufacturer’s engineer. There is some procedure and I am going to share some knowledge of commissioning to handle such type of situation.
01) Lubricated Air Compressor
As the compressor dispatch from manufacturer’s factory, it will take some time to reach to your site. To avoid any corrosion during the period of manufacturing to commissioning, frame interior, piston top, cylinder inner walls, air suction & discharge Valves are inhibited by spraying with anti- rust preservative oil. It must be attended as per instruction given below.
Remove frame (crank case) door covers, clean the entire interior with cloth, never use cotton waste to clean interior, check all connecting rod locking, lubrication oil pipe line’s nut & ferrules must be checked for tightness. Fill recommended lubrication oil in crank case (frame), replace frame cover door.
02) Non-Lubricated Air Compressor
The precautions for crank case are same as lubricated compressor; some additional work has to do on compressor valves. Remove all Suction and Discharge valves & remove silica gel bags or clean anti-rust spray (if you found Teflon Spray on valves, don’t clean). Clean piston top, cylinder wall with clean cloth. Clean air suction & discharge valve assemblies with paraffin or diesel, dry with compressed air and refit. Use correct torque to tighten the valve cover. Rotate belt wheel by hand in the direction of rotation at least 4 to 5 revolutions to ensure correctly fitment of suction & discharge valve.
Some more precautions to obtain the best result from Air Compressor.
01) Install the air compressor as per manufacturer’s instructions.
02) Use only recommended compressor oil in crank case & cylinder (for lubricated model)
03) Maintain the oil level in crank case and lubricator. It should not be low or high.
04) Stop plant at once if the oil pressure gauge fails to show oil pressure.
05) Keep compressor plant clean & all nut-bolt tight.
06) Keep air suction filter clean.
07) Never run air compressor without an air filter.
08) Do not put paraffin, or other inflammable liquid into the compressor or air receiver.
09) Do not adjust capacity controller unless it fails to operate.
10) Train your air compressor plant operator for daily check-ups & insist them to look after.
I have tried to share maximum information on commissioning, shall I hope, this will help you? What more points I have to add? Do you have any knowledge on commissioning of the compressor?
Some other useful articles…